Tuesday, August 26, 2008

More of the Same


Yep. It's still raining. You know something I've noticed? As much as I don't like days where it rains from sunup to sundown, I LOVE when there's a nice, steady rain at night! With the A/C running and the ceiling fan in the bedroom keeping the cool air moving, the constant pitter-patter of rain drumming on the roof and bouncing off the brick sidewalk is very soothing. It's almost like being at the beach and going to sleep to the sounds of the ocean.

Tomorrow is Tilly's 12th birthday and in keeping with the "I'm a pre-teen now" theme, she has decided to break with her regular birthday cake selection. Now she has informed me that she wants a giant oatmeal-creme cookie instead of her usual chocolate zucchini cake with cream cheese frosting (trust me, it might sound weird but it tastes out of this world!). I'm completely fine with that, only now I've got to figure out how to pull it off! Do I bake the cookies in a 8" or 9" cake pan in order to control the outer diameter? If I did that, I could bake 5 of them and stack them like a regular layer cake. Or should I just bake 2 gargantuan cookies in pizza pans and make a single oatmeal-creme cookie cake?

Anybody ever made one of these before? If so, do you have any helpful hints?

No comments: