Monday, February 9, 2009

Awesome!! (You mean like a hotdog?)

"So, 70 bucks later, we walk out of the movie theater happy and lighter (at least in the wallet!)."

As promised, we took the kids to see Coraline yesterday afternoon. What a cute movie!! The kids and I, at least, really enjoyed it. Dean doesn't really do whimsy, so he gets a pass on not falling immediately in love like the rest of us. He did say that the movie itself itself was beautifully crafted and filmed, he just felt it was a little light in the actual story department. Maybe it was, but Tilly had read the book and said that aside from the change in location of the secret door, the movie adaptation was pretty much spot-on. I'll definitely be buying it when it comes out on dvd and if I can find an early enough show time, I'd like to see it in 3D as well.

Nothing new to post on the bead front, sorry. I know I said Mondays would bring new beads, but I do have an excellent excuse - wanna hear it?? My cousin, Brian, flew in on Friday from D.C. and spent the weekend hanging out with our family. His primary reason for coming was because he's got an interview with Emory University this morning for a spot in their medical school program. He came down early so he could spend some time with all of us - isn't that sweet? We've got all our fingers and toes crossed he's accepted, because we'd LOVE to have Brian go to school so close by.

Instead of More Bead Monday, this week we'll have Whoa - it's Beads Wednesday! I should have a dozen or so things available for immediate purchase and shipping, so make sure you stop in.

No comments: