Friday, August 28, 2009

It's Raining...

Still!

*sigh* I know I said I like sleeping listening to the rain on the roof, but during daylight hours - it's a completely different story. Cloudy, overcast days seem to siphon all the "oomph" right out of my attitude and leave me grouchy and irritable. Plus, I've got beads I need to photograph and e-mail and now I'll have to wait until it's at least a lighter shade of gross outside before I can even attempt any shots.

In good news, at the risk of being branded a "goob", Tilly is staying after school for the first dance of the year. She doesn't now which (if any) of her friends will be there, but she's hoping to get a chance to hang out and talk to people. She complains that during the school day they've only got 4 minutes to get from one class to the next, which leaves zero time for socializing, because she's usually sprinting from one side of the building to the other. My response is the same one I hated hearing when I was a teenager: "School isn't supposed to be about socializing - you're there to LEARN."

*gulp*

Apparently, the curse works and I actually HAVE turned into my mother.

No comments: