Sunday, May 1, 2016

**UPDATED: jenagirlBEES**


Okay, so I loved my hive, but I didn't LOVE love it, ya know? I couldn't figure out what it was exactly until I caught it out of the corner of my eye and realized that the flowers in the middle and top boxes were essentially growing out of thin air! The obvious solution, of course, was to paint the landing boards green to anchor my fake, painted flowers to something "real" so they weren't bugging me so much. Plus, I really like the horizontal pops of color. Everything else on this hive is running vertically (decoration-wise, not construction-wise), so it kinda lacked balance.

Then I moved on to the problem of the plain back side of the hive (hives will be butted right up against one another, so you'll never see the sides!). I didn't want to spend another F_O_R_E_V_E_R painting the back to match the front, so I came up with something else.

I really like it!

 Thank goodness for rubber stamp letters, that's all I'm saying. Anyway, so the whole hive is done -  and now???

Now I have to wait until one of the other hives is ready to split, which should be really soon, and then I can get this baby up and running!

No comments: