Monday, August 29, 2016

Birthday Babies

Tilly turned 20 on Saturday and Davis' 15th birthday is today. In about a week, it will be my 44th birthday and then 2 weeks after that will be Elinor's 18th birthday. Fall is always a crazy busy time of year for us - but also crazy fun! 

I envy those people who have the ability to make emotional and meaningful commentary regarding the passage of time. I would love to wax lyrical about how much my life has been enriched by having my three precious children in it, but unfortunately, my "gifts" do not run in that direction. Instead, I try to live my life in such a way that they will never have a single day in which they were unaware of how much they mean to me. 

I love you, my children, with all my heart, mind, and ability.

To steal a snippet from the poet, Elizabeth Barrett Browning:

"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace..."


No comments: