Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Like a Headless Chicken

I was planning to post a cartoon or picture of a headless chicken running around to symbolize how chaotic and scattered I've been feeling this week as we run infinite errands to get ready to send the kids back to school (They start tomorrow, but the way), but they're all really, really GROSS! I know, I know - - what did I expect for an image of a decapitated animal? Cute and fluffy? Well.....yes. I suppose I did! I found one that I thought was clever, but didn't want to offend anyone by posting it. If you want to see if and aren't easily offended, click here. If you are and you look anyway, don't come whining to me! *wink*

I did learn something interesting during my Google image search though. I learned all about Mike, The Headless Chicken. It's a fascinating story, if a bit yucky, and answers some fundamental questions I've had about a few people that have passed through my life. Hey, if a chicken can function without a head and only a partial brain stem...

Elinor and Davis got new hair cuts yesterday and Tilly's appointment is scheduled for today. We've got all the school supplies we need and I've purchased the necessary uniforms. Elinor wants a new backpack, but I want her to wait until Saturday, when the Limited Too Bucks we have are redeemable. I'm not a bad Mom to make her carry last year's bag tomorrow and Friday before I buy her a new one, am I? The card is for $25 off, people! Worth the slight wait, right?

Anyway, I've got some more errands to run before Tilly's Open House at 4 this afternoon, so I'd better get to it!

No comments: