Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Playing the Waiting Game...


Oh, the waiting is the hardest part!

I made a super-cute Halloween bead this morning, but I couldn't tell if I grabbed the right orange glass rod or not. Some of my orange glass looks really reddish when used as a solid bead, some has a more yellowish tint, another one is a perfect pumpkin orange and yet another orange is actually Kugler glass that I use only for spacers and other single hue beads. (Don't even get me started on all the odd lot corals that end up, for me at least, orange!) I'll be disappointed if I grabbed one of the off-color orange rods but I'll be really upset if I used the Kugler by mistake. Mixing glass c.o.e.'s in large amounts is a recipe for heartache and bead shrapnel!

Of course, if my work bench was a leeeetle more organized, I might've known which orange was what, right? Riiight? Wrong. Believe it or not, that pile of glass is actually what I ended up with AFTER I cleaned off my workbench! Yeah, you shoulda seen it before - YIKES!

No comments: