Thursday, November 13, 2008

That Christmas Feeling


My Mom was off from work yesterday and we spent most of the day together shopping and running errands. Everywhere we went: from Kroger to BJ's (checking it out - free trial membership!), and from Kohl's to Pier 1, Christmas decorations and music were out in full force.

Now normally, I'm a bit of a Scrooge and I like to experience my holidays in the right order; Halloween, Thanksgiving and
then Christmas. So... when retailers hit me with the Muzak version of "It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas" while I'm busy shopping for cranberries and dressing, I get irritated.
Yesterday? Not so much. After being aromatically assaulted by the scent of cinnamon pine cones for the third store in a row, I realized that I was actually enjoying myself!

Maybe it's unwinding from the stress of the Presidential Elections or just plain exhaustion over worrying about things beyond my control, but I found myself tapping my toes and singing along as I wandered the aisles yesterday.

So...for the next week or so, I've decided to mark the Christmas/Holiday beads on sale. Who knows? Maybe they'll lift your spirits the way yesterday's cinnamon pine cones lifted mine!

No comments: