Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Series

No, it isn't what you're thinking. Despite my near all-encompassing obsession with things glass and glass related, I'm actually not talking about a new bead series. I'm thinking more along the lines of a blog series. I'm thinking I might call it "Men I'm Attracted to Who Aren't My Husband", or "MIATWAMH" for short. Okay, so the name stinks, but if I can come up with a cute acronym I'll certainly change it! (And before you get concerned, I can assure you that my husband won't be threatened by this in the least. He KNOWS I find him attractive to the point of danger. Heck - he can hardly walk through a room I'm in without wondering if he'll be physically assaulted!)


First up on my list is Bear Grylls.

Wow.

Where can you see him: Discovery Channel's Man vs. Wild

Cons: This man breaks my very first rule of attractiveness: You must be older than I am. (He's about 2 years younger.) On top of that, he eats things that make my stomach contents roll over and try to exit by any possible means. For most of every episode he is either soaking wet or filthy dirty, usually both at the same time.

Pros: For most of every episode he is either soaking wet or filthy dirty, usually both at the same time. Yeah, I know. Call me conflicted, but there is something about a wet, dirty man that is wildly attractive. Especially when you know they clean up well! Plus, he's British. Do I even need to explain that one? Didn't think so.

Okay, so he's got a few flaws, most noteably naming 2 of his 3 children after cartoon and comic strip dogs. Marmaduke and Huckleberry? What the heck kind of names are those? You cannot tell me that school will be easy for these boys.

By the way, what is it with famous people naming their kids ridiculous names? Bronx Mowgli Wentz? Whaaa? Or my personal favorite, Jason Lee's son, Pilot Inspektor. (Yes, I did spell it right, actually.) I feel for these poor kids when they grow up! And you can't tell me that a goofy moniker won't mess with you either. Case in point, Geldorf's kids: Pixie, Peaches and heaven help us, Fifi Trixiebelle! I'm all for originality, believe me. When I was growing up, I was the ony Jena I ever ran across. I met a few "Gena" and "Gina"s over the years, but that name is pronounced differently than mine. (I'm Jen-uh, rather than GEE-nuh.) And my girls, Tilly and Elinor, aren't likely to meet many people (of their own generation) that share the same name. But you know what? If they hate it when they get older, they've got Lauren and Caroline to fall back on!

Boy, did I stray from my topic - I was busy discussing Bear Grylls' hotness and got completely distracted! Typical.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's "MIATWAMH". Yeah, I've got to come up with a better name...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jena, I've also heard they call this, "The List". It's much shorter than your's LOL