Sunday, March 1, 2009

Boutique Update and Chick Chat

Hello everyone!!!

We've been so busy with chick-related stuff that I haven't had the time to update my blog for a while. Yes - we got chicks!! We have Mimi, the Australorp, and Fifi, the Barred Rock. In a few weeks we'll be picking up Lola, the Rhode Island Red and the Silver-Laced Wyandotte who is, as yet, still unnamed. (Although we are leaning very strongly towards Nadine.) So far, I'm loving it! And I have to say, they are just as prolific at making poop as I had expected. Rather than being disturbed - I'm thrilled!! I'm ordering a compost digester this week so I can use the chicken droppings, along with our household waste and grass clippings to make compost for the garden.

My next Boutique update will be on Thursday, March 5th. And I will probably have a few Early Bird Specials on Tuesday, for those who happen to be at the right place at the right time!

No comments: