Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Do You Even Need to Ask?


I will say, although Daniel Radcliff will never be my idea of a drool-inducing man, he has certainly improved over the years. And who doesn't look better wet? (...or dirty - see my Mike Rowe/Bear Grylls obsession here. Okay, Ewan McGregor is there too, but I think any woman with a detectable pulse would agree that he's a hottie.)

I remember these umbrellas being huge when I was in elementary school. Of course, they were probably big before that, but I either wasn't alive then or old enough to notice. I always wanted one but never did manage to convince my mother to get one for me. The fact that I used to forget and leave things everywhere never occurred to me as the reason why she wouldn't buy one. (Seriously, I once left my purse in a restaurant when I was, oh, about 12. We were coming home from a horse show ((I used to show Tennessee Walkers when I was younger. The racking competitions were always my favorite.)) and I left it hanging on the back of my chair when we left. About 50 miles later, I realized what happened, so we turned around and drove back to get it. Now that I'm a parent, I kinda wonder at why we drove all that way just to retrieve my pocketbook. If I'd never remembered I left it, all I would've lost would have been some hair ribbons, a blue lucky rabbit's foot key chain and a pot of Carmex - oh yeah, and the purse.

Even if I wasn't always losing things, my mom was more of a poncho girl at heart. Maybe she would've let me have one of these??

UFOCAP? Seriously? That's the best name they could come up with? Dude, I've got eyes - it's a ponchbrella. Or maybe it's an umponcho. How 'bout we just call it "an invitation to get the snot beaten out of you by the school bullies"? Yeah - that's PERFECT.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Jena
What a witty post...and the story about forgetting your purse and driving all the way back! Your parents were really nice to do that. I hope they're having lots of fun on their trip. What a sill looking UFOCAP!! I like your name for it~!
Cindy
www.sweetbeadstudio.com

Lori said...

You make me laugh, though I prefer a beefier man - like Alec Baldwin -and his sarcasm doesn't hurt either. Course Johnny Depp is not hard to like either. Also someone that makes me laugh like Craig Ferguson. How are the chickens? I have been reading the website www.mypetchicken.com. We had to have our oldest dog put down and had to find homes for our cats so feeling a little blue so understand about poor Freckles:(

Wendy said...

Wow, Jena, you showed TWH's? My family owned TWH's for years - all trail horses. We put A LOT of miles on those horses. :)